pgflag hangs

Is MIRIAD being a pain? Let us know your experience.

Moderator: Mark.Wieringa

gal16b

pgflag hangs

Post by gal16b »

I thought I would report this. I am churning through the ATCA GLASS data and have come across a little problematic scenario. If all data in a visibility file is already flagged before pgflag is executed, it seems that pgflag will hang. The process will run continue to run without and exit. My jobs on a compute cluster get timed out at 6 hours, and when I checked 5 hours were spent by this one pgflag task getting caught somewhere. In the last semester of observing where we were filling in missing hour-angle coverage I am finding this problem happening a more than I would like.

This happens in both the user interactive and automated flagging modes. It happens across different pgflag settings (stokes, flarpar etc).

I can work around this with a check using uvfstats to ensure that there is at least some unflagged data before hand. I would think though that the preferred behavior would be for pgflag to exit without getting caught in this loop.
Mark.Wieringa
ATCA Expert

Re: pgflag hangs

Post by Mark.Wieringa »

Hi Tim,

thanks for reporting this.
I must admit I don't quite understand what the code is trying to do here, but I slapped on a patch and now it exits when there is no unflagged data left.
Let me know if you notice any other issues.
The update should go out tomorrow night.

Cheers,

Mark