Clumpfind dimension numbers

Is MIRIAD being a pain? Let us know your experience.

Moderator: Mark.Wieringa

berapnopod

Clumpfind dimension numbers

Post by berapnopod »

Hi there, been meaning to ask this one for a long time, but never got around to it until now...

I have occasionally used clumpfind (clfind and clstats) in miriad but it is greatly limited by some parameters for the dimensions of data cubes etc that can be processed. Previously I have managed to get aroun this by editing the source code and increasing the size, but this requires recompiling from source. Would it be possible to increase the allowable size of cubes that can be processed with clumpfind?

Later. Andrew xxx
Mark.Wieringa
ATCA Expert

Re: Clumpfind dimension numbers

Post by Mark.Wieringa »

Hi Andrew,

yes we can try to change the parameters, but we will probably find it quickly runs out of memory since it tries to allocate enough space to load a cube.
What values did you have in mind?

I could also have a look if we can make the allocations dynamic, based on the inputs. That way it will cope with more on large memory machines.

Cheers,

Mark
Mark.Wieringa
ATCA Expert

Re: Clumpfind dimension numbers

Post by Mark.Wieringa »

Hi Andrew,

I've removed the built in size limits on the cube - now only limited by machine memory or <8GB image size.
I ran it on a small test cube and the results were the same as with the old version, but let me know if you find any problems.
The new version should be available from tomorrow.

Cheers,

Mark