Bandpass table size incorrect - Error in mfboot

Is MIRIAD being a pain? Let us know your experience.

Moderator: Mark.Wieringa

ste616
Site Admin

Re: Bandpass table size incorrect - Error in mfboot

Post by ste616 »

Hi Crystal,

You're right: the procedure you've outlined should work, from the look of it. But the devil is in the details, and we really need to see your data to figure this out. Can you make it available to us please?
cheers
Jamie Stevens
ATCA Senior System Scientist
and48t

Post by and48t »

Hi Jamie,

Did you receive my message of the ftp site to access for my data? Or is there another way I can do this? It doesn't show up as a sent message so I wanted to double check.
Thanks!
Mark.Wieringa
ATCA Expert

Post by Mark.Wieringa »

Hi all,

I corrected a problem in mfboot on the 5th of June this year. In the case that there was no gain table, it would create a single polarization one. This would then give inconsistency problems when combined with a dual pol bandpass.
For spectral line observers, the use of options=nospec on mfboot is recommended, as there is generally not enough frequency range to solve for the spectral slope.

Could those of you who have run into this problem update to the latest version of Miriad and then let us know here if you are still getting error messages?

If so, I'd like access to the relevant data so I can try reproduce and hopefully fix the problem.

Cheers,

Mark