mfcal bug fix, redo reduction

Information about the ATCA Forum, this forum system, and a place to experiment with posting if you want to.

Moderator: Mark.Wieringa

ste616
Site Admin

mfcal bug fix, redo reduction

Post by ste616 »

Hi everyone,

A bug was introduced into mfcal on April 13 2011, and was fixed on May 24 2011. It could cause subtle, or sometimes large errors in the bandpass solutions it makes.

You should consider redoing your reduction with the latest Miriad if you think you are affected.
cheers
Jamie Stevens
ATCA Senior System Scientist
dominics

Re: mfcal bug fix, redo reduction

Post by dominics »

Hi Jamie,

I've downloaded the latest miriad binary distribution for Mac OS X on Sat. the 28th of May, but the mfcal it contains is from the 17th of Dec '09. The ftp site from which I downloaded the miriad binary says that the binary was last modified on the 26th of May; will the miriad distribution that appears this week have the updated version of mfcal?

cheers,
Dominic
ste616
Site Admin

Post by ste616 »

Hi Dominic,

The problem you're seeing is that mfcal does not correctly report its version, rather than it being an old revision. As long as the file revision date is late enough, you've got the correct version. Nevertheless I will try to get the versioning problem fixed.
cheers
Jamie Stevens
ATCA Senior System Scientist
Mark.Wieringa
ATCA Expert

Post by Mark.Wieringa »

Hi Dominic, Jamie,

I've fixed the version message for mfcal this morning. Thanks for alerting us to this.

Cheers,

Mark
dominics

Post by dominics »

Thanks guys.

Dominic