Observation table in OPAL

Bug reports, suggestions and info about the web-based My ATCA site.

Moderator: Mark.Wieringa

scurran

Observation table in OPAL

Post by scurran »

Hi all

I'm attempting to submit an ATCA proposal but OPAL is driving me nuts! On the browsers which will actually save an observation table without crashing, this is saved as an HTML file, rather than OXML, which can't be uploaded to preview/submit.

I've tried changing the extension, but not joy. It is incredibly frustrating all all the info has to be re-entered and all of the files uploaded each attempt. Am I the only one experiencing this bug? Help please!
ste616
Site Admin

Re: Observation table in OPAL

Post by ste616 »

Hi Steve,

With Chrome 96.0.4664.45 on Ubuntu I was able to create and successfully save an OXML observations table just before replying, from https://opal.atnf.csiro.au.

Could you please elaborate on your process and configuration?
cheers
Jamie Stevens
ATCA Senior System Scientist
scurran

Post by scurran »

Thanks Jamie. Yesterday I tried Chrome and editing a previous obs file, but got
This site can’t be reached

The webpage at https://opal.atnf.csiro.au/observations ... id=1&type= might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
ERR_INVALID_RESPONSE

When trying to save. Now actually using the old obs file when trying to preview I'm getting

Attach your cover sheet file

Account with email address ylva@unm.edu of Ylva Pihlström already exists in the system. Please use that account or a different email address if the user is really new.

!!!!

Cheers
Steve
ste616
Site Admin

Post by ste616 »

Hi Steve,

Sorry this is not working for you. I can't replicate this on my end. I think to progress I may need to see your observations table file, in case there is a problem with the combination of what you've got in there and the OPAL system.

Could you please send me (via email, Jamie.Stevens at csiro.au) the obs table and cover sheet XML files, and I will see what happens when I try to preview them.
cheers
Jamie Stevens
ATCA Senior System Scientist
scurran

Post by scurran »

Thanks Jamie. Phil did a new obs file and I removed and re-added the collaborator from the cover sheet. Works fine now, but just don't know what's going on with my obs files (for some reason they get saved as html).