blflag buffer

Is MIRIAD being a pain? Let us know your experience.

Moderator: Mark.Wieringa

Stephan

blflag buffer

Post by Stephan »

I'm having some trouble running Miriad on my zoomband CABB data. Every function seems to run fine, except for blflag. When I run this I get a "Fatal Error: Callers buffer too small for channel data, in UVREAD" error. I was running on a binary download distribution and read that the buffer could be increased by editing certain files in the /inc directory in the source distribution and then compiling. I followed that route (I'm on a 64 bits, gfortran machine) and got everything working. Except for blflag, which does the exact same thing again. I can show data in uvplt, but I can never edit it in blflag. It's working fine for pre-CABB data.

So my question is: what inc files settings are needed to blflag CABB spectral data (6145 channels, 4 polarizations). It's not really a filesize issue, as it even does this on 81 megabyte calibrator file. Or could this be a 64-bits issue?
Mark.Wieringa
ATCA Expert

Re: blflag buffer

Post by Mark.Wieringa »

Hi Stephan,

sorry for the confusion - blflag has it's own version of MAXCHAN - called MAXCHAN1 which was set to 5200 channels. I've now increased this to 15000. It can't be as high as MAXCHAN (70000) because the program fails to link (internal fortran arrays get too big).
The new version should be on the website in a day or so. In the meantime you could edit blflag.for, look for MAXCHAN1 and increase it to what you need.

Cheers,

Mark
Stephan

Re: blflag buffer

Post by Stephan »

That did the trick, thanks!