Hue-intensity plots in kvis

Do you use (or want to use) other tools to reduce ATCA data?

Moderator: Mark.Wieringa

bgaensler

Hue-intensity plots in kvis

Post by bgaensler »

Hi all,

Does kvis still have the capability for making "hue-intensity" plots?

I have definitely done this before, and it is documented at http://www.atnf.csiro.au/computing/soft ... 0000000000 . However, the functionality doesn't seem available in v1.7.20.

Is this something that was taken out in some previous release? Is there any other way, in kvis or otherwise, to make hue-intensity plots?

cheers
Bryan
len067
ATCA Expert

Re: Hue-intensity plots in kvis

Post by len067 »

Hi Bryan,

Do you mean the khuei tool? It's available in my 1.7.20 version of kvis (but not within kvis itself i.e. it is a separate tool shipped as part of the karma set of tools).

Cheers,

Emil.
len067
ATCA Expert

Post by len067 »

Hi Bryan,

Actually, there is something odd here, I just noticed that a version running 1.7.25 under Linux seems to have this functionality but the binary for 1.7.25 is not available for the mac ... and the 1.7.20 flavour of kvis on the mac does not seem to have this feature :-(

Cheers,

Emil.
len067
ATCA Expert

Post by len067 »

OK, I managed to gather a bit more information about this. It seems that complete source code (from the original developer) and binaries are only available for 1.7.20 - some Linux binaries are available for the 1.7.25 (which has the hue-intensity functionality) but attempts to obtain the source code for 1.7.25 have come to a dead end and as such are not supported :-(