Callers buffer channel error

Is MIRIAD being a pain? Let us know your experience.

Moderator: Mark.Wieringa

ehone

Callers buffer channel error

Post by ehone »

I'm currently using a Miriad macport to process CABB data taken by my supervisor from 2010 to 2011.
I've recently run into a problem with some of the larger 3mm data sets where running uvsplit produces the following error message:

"Callers buffer too small for channel data, in UVREAD".

I've examined the vis files with uvindex and the problem datasets all have many more channels than the ones that work. (I.e uvsplit worked for datasets with 4098 channels, but not for data with 40966 channels).
Is there a command I'm missing that can increase the channel width and so decrease the number of channels or is it easier to increase the number channels uvsplit can read.
Mark.Wieringa
ATCA Expert

Re: Callers buffer channel error

Post by Mark.Wieringa »

Hi,

at the moment the Mac version of ATNF Miriad has a limit of 32772 channels per spectrum, if you have more than this you could do the uvsplit using the 64 bit linux version of Miriad (it can handle up to 70000) or rerun atlod with options=noif. This option will break the spectrum up into the individual continuum and zoom bands and limit the number of channels read in one go.

Alternatively, as Jamie reminded me, you can use ifsel in atlod to select one or more bands, making sure to stay below the channel limit.

Cheers,

Mark
ehone

Re: Callers buffer channel error

Post by ehone »

Thanks for the Info!
Wasn't successful in installing the 64 bit miriad version but managed to split the files using remote access to a Linux based machine that could handle the extra channels.